EAL Support Lead required
Level 6 point 16-21. Within the hours of 8:30 – 16:00 4 days a week to include Friday (all other days to be agreed) term time only.
£23,369.00 pro rata (£12.11 per hour).
Required June/ September 2019
We are looking to appoint an experienced school support worker to become a member of our Inclusion team to support children and their families for whom English is an additional language.
The aim of the role is to promote inclusion with the support of and under the direction of the SENCO for our current students and those who are new to the school.
Successful candidates will demonstrate an awareness and understanding of EAL pedagogy by adopting a learner-centred approach throughout all aspects of teaching, learning and assessment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential as the ability to work with learners and parents from multilingual/cultural backgrounds will be routine.
Typical duties will include:
- Keeping all paperwork including progress and attendance records, data, action plans and policies up to date and actioned
- Facilitating contact with parents
- Supporting EAL students with personalised learning throughout the school day including lunchtimes
- Helping to overcome barriers to learning
- Contributing to the school awareness of EAL
By engaging in the interview process at St. Mary’s you confirm that you are willing to work with children and staff from Reception to Yr.6. A probationary period of 6 months will apply. The successful candidates must:
- Have previous experience in the role of a Learning Support Assistant and have worked with children with EAL.
- As a minimum, hold qualifications GCSE A-C in Mathematics and English or equivalent to that (e.g. NVQ Level 2 specifically supporting Learning & Teaching).
- Be able to work within a team and liaise closely with class teachers and SLT.
- Have good interpersonal skills and a great sense of humour.
- Have a positive and optimistic outlook and the passion and desire to work with children who have emotional, physical, social and behavioural difficulties.
- Be supportive of and willing to participate in the Christian ethos and practices of the school.
In joining our excellent team, you will be working in partnership with parents, pupils and staff. We are a Church of England primary school and expect applicants to be fully supportive of our Christian ethos and practice. You will be working as part of a very supportive team of dedicated staff, well-motivated children with excellent facilities. A visit to the school is encouraged.
The appointment will be subject to a successful enhanced DBS check, medical check, two references in addition to relevant background checks and certificated evidence of the required qualifications. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to support this commitment.
A paper copy of your application form should be submitted to the school, for the attention of: Miss H. Jones, SENCO. To apply please download an LSA Job Pack and application form from our website.
Closing date: Friday 5th April 2019, 4.00pm.
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 1st May 2019.
Unfortunately we will be unable to respond to all applicants, however, we will contact all those we wish to interview by 23rd April 2019.
We are Hiring!
Midday AssistantFrom May 2019
Scale Point 3 - £9.36 per hour (£70.20 per week)
11.50am – 1.20pm (1 ½ hours a day), Monday to Friday, Term Time only
St. Mary’s Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic and positive person to join our team on the Boston Avenue site as a Midday Assistant to supervise children during lunchtime and offer valuable support.
The successful candidate will work on the playground and within the dinner hall and will enjoy interaction with children of primary school age.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 1st April 2019
The school follows all national safeguarding requirements when recruiting to protect children